Understanding the Benefits of Roof Tiles
When you pass by a house or a building with a tile roof, you take notice. There’s something about tile that’s so elegant. It makes you feel relaxed and upscale at the same time. Tile roofs have been around for centuries. The dot city skylines in Italy, France, and other parts of the world. Now, they’re making their way into everything from Mediterranean design to modern architecture.
Most people who think they want tile roofing aren’t aware that there are several different types of tile. They approach roof tiles like they’re all the same. As long as it looks great and there’s roof tile to the gutter to protect the building, they’ll leave it to the pros. Doing a bit of research into roof tile installation and the different types of tile will help you make the best decision for your property. If you’re at the beginning and asking yourself basic questions like, “What are roof tiles called?”, no worries, you’re in the right place.
The Advantages of Each Type of Tile
Here’s a basic overview of some of the different tile roofing out there. At Cinch Roofing, we do our best to help property owners around Rosenberg and Sugar Land, TX get the right tile that lasts, looks great, and performs well. There’s a lot you may be wondering about tile roofs like, “Do tile roofs leak?”, or “Can you walk on a tile roof?” If you’re looking for something not listed here, reach out to us at (832) 598-4245 to see if we can help.
- Ceramic Tiles – People love the classic look of ceramic tiles. They’re usually made of clay, and the manufacturing process makes them fireproof and durable. They need much less maintenance than a basic asphalt shingle roof. Typically, ceramic tiles come in terracotta color, a red-orange hue that makes you think of warm southern California. They traditionally were used in a lot of Spanish-style homes. Now, though, ceramic tiles come in a wide variety of colors and sizes, so they’re much more versatile.
- Concrete Tiles – Why do roof tiles crack? Well, sometimes, due to weather, the manufacturing process, or just time, ceramic tiles can crack. That’s one reason people love concrete tiles. You get a lot of the benefits of ceramic tiles, but concrete is harder, so it’s less prone to crack or break. Because concrete is a more mold-able material, concrete tiles can mimic ceramic tiles, slate tiles, and a lot of different shapes and sizes. As long as your building can stand up to the weight of concrete tiles, they’re an option to consider.
- Metal Tiles – In recent years, metal roofs have become trendy. They used to be isolated to industrial sites or warehouses, but now you can find them in a lot of high-end homes. As a result, tile companies began making metal tiles. With metal tiles, you get all the benefits of a metal roof like longevity, strength and fewer leak, but also more versatility when it comes to style and what you can do with design.
- Stone Tiles – Stone tiles have been around forever and are probably the oldest type of tile on the market. Slate is the most popular stone tile option. People love stone because it looks great and lasts forever. How long does a tile roof last for? Stone tile roofs can last more than 100 years! Stone tiles are also unique, each one has distinct veining or markings. What you end up with is a mix of beautiful stone tiles in a one of a kind roof. Stone tiles are costly though, but you’ll spend less on maintenance than with some other materials. If you want to use stone tiles, it’s also very important to find a qualified contractor who knows how to work with stone.
- Composite Tile – Composite tile is a newer type of tile roofing made from a mixture of metal, stone granules, and acrylic. The way the tile comes out looks great, so it’s a popular choice these days. Composite tiles have a lot of the advantages of metal tiles, but the way it’s made gives it a more natural look homeowners love. They’re also lighter than stone or concrete, so it puts less strain on your house.
Finding the Right Contractor to Help
The right contractor can help with your tile roof installation. They can also help with any tile roof repairs. If your tile roof is leaking, it’s important to have someone come check your roof quickly to prevent water damage. If there is water damage in your house, it could be your roof, or it could be a plumbing leak. Good roofing technicians can help you find out.
Cinch Roofing is the preferred tile roofing contractor in the Rosenberg and Sugar Land, TX. If you need help with tile roofing options or a repair, call us today at (832) 598-4245!