What Upgrades Add the Most Value To a Home?
Are you looking to add more value to your home? There are a bunch of different ways to increase the value of your home, as well as improve the curb appeal. Upgrading your kitchen and bathroom are an option and also improving your home’s landscaping. One of the ways in which you can add value to your home and also improve the curb appeal is by having a new roof installed. There are a lot of residential roof options to think about, with asphalt shingles being the most popular. There are two types of asphalt shingles that homeowners can choose from, which are architectural and 3 tab shingles. A lot of people tend to ask, “Do architectural shingles add value?” and the answer is yes. Architectural shingles are able to add more value to a home because they are durable, attractive, and a lot more affordable than other residential roofing materials. If you want to increase the value of your home and want to do that by installing a new roof, you can’t go wrong with architectural shingles.
Architectural Shingles Pros and Cons
When it comes to choosing a new roof for your home, extensive research is key. Knowing what a roof can and can’t offer you will make it easier for you to choose a roof that will work for you and your home. While architectural shingles have plenty of benefits, they do have the occasional drawbacks. Here are some of the pros and cons of architectural shingles.
Architectural Shingle Pros
- Longevity: People who choose architectural shingle roofing can expect to have a roof that lasts a long time. What is the life expectancy of architectural shingles? This roofing system can last up to 30 years.
- Energy Savings: Many people ask, “Are architectural shingles energy efficient?” and the answer is yes. This type of shingle is manufactured to be a lot cooler than 3 tab shingles, so you are able to save a lot of energy.
- Durability: Because architectural shingles are manufactured using layers of asphalt and granules, they are able to withstand high winds, hail, and other impacts a lot better than most roofing.
- Affordable: While architectural shingles are going to be more than 3 tab shingles, they are more affordable than metal roofing and other residential roofing materials.
Architectural Shingle Cons
- Weight: In regards to architectural shingles problems, one of the biggest issues you will find is the weight. These asphalt shingles weigh more than 3 tab shingles, so your house needs to be able to support their weight.
- Impact Damages: Although they can stand up to hail and wind, there is a chance that they will be impacted by these things.
Architectural Shingles Vs 3 Tab
There are two types of asphalt shingles that homeowners can choose from, architectural and 3 tab shingles. People who are choosing between the two tend to ask, “Are architectural shingles better?” and the answer is that architectural shingle roofing is better than 3 tab shingle roofing. While 3 tab shingles are less expensive than architectural shingle roofing, the benefits of architectural shingles make up for the increased cost. Architectural shingles have more color options, their lifespan is 15 years more, they are more energy-efficient, they can withstand higher wind speeds, have better roof warranties, and will increase the value of any home. If you are looking for a cheaper asphalt shingle for your home, you can go with 3 tab shingles; you should know that while they are more affordable, they aren’t going to last as long as an architectural shingle roof.
Architectural Shingles Or Metal Roof?
Which One Should You Choose?
Although metal roofs used to be primarily used for commercial properties, they have gained popularity among homeowners who are looking for a more modern look. If you want to add more value to your home, having a metal roof installed is one way to achieve more property value. When choosing a new roof, the options are usually between metal roofing and asphalt roofing, particularly architectural shingles. So, which one should you choose for your home? It’s honestly going to depend on what you are looking for in a roof. Both architectural and metal roofing are really beautiful, but you can get more style choices with metal roofing; however, it is important to note that metal roofs can give off the agricultural look. In terms of cost, architectural shingles are going to be less expensive than metal roofing, but metal roofs will last longer depending on the material that is used.
If you are having a difficult time choosing between architectural and metal roofing, its important to know the cost of both, which is more durable, which is more energy-efficient, which one is going to look the best on your home, and how much will each roof increase the value of your home. Just like you’ll need a professional for Fort Worth, TX central heating repair, you will need a licensed and experienced roofer to learn more about architectural shingles in Rosenberg and Sugar Land, TX. To learn more about these types of asphalt shingles, call Cinch Roofing at (832) 598-4245. Our roofing contractors will be able to tell you if asphalt shingles or metal roofing is your best option.