When You Are Considering Updating Your Home
Updating your home comes with a lot of things to consider. Do you repair or replace your roof? What material do you choose? Which is the best for your home? There are a lot of questions to answer which can make it feel impossible to narrow down your choices. Rather than go it alone, rely on Cinch Roofing for help. We can guide you through all the different residential roofing options that will work best for your needs, such as metal. Not only can we advise you of your options, but we can also install metal roofing in Rosenberg and Sugar Land, TX. Contact us today at (832) 598-4245 to schedule an appointment.
Metal Roof Benefits
For anyone considering a metal roof installation, it can be easy to get caught up in the disadvantages. There are several benefits to this roofing structure that can’t be matched by any other material or system. Metal roofing is an investment, but it’s an investment that can provide you a lifetime of protection and reliability.
- Durability: Possibly the number one reason homeowners choose metal for their residential roofing is because of the durability. Metal is incredibly durable being able to withstand constant exposure to wind, rain, sun, smoke, and more. While it may become slightly dented with hail, it cannot be punctured or damaged.
- Longevity: Another main reason for choosing metal is longevity. This roofing structure can last two decades longer than an asphalt shingle roof. More than that, most manufacturing companies offer 50-year warranties on their products.
- Maintenance: With a metal roof, there is also generally less need for maintenance. Whether you have metal sheeting or tiles, they have shown to require significantly less maintenance or repairs than asphalt roofing.
- Energy Efficiency: Of course, the biggest draw to this roofing structure is the energy efficiency claim. Since metal does not absorb heat, your home and HVAC system can more efficiently regulate temperatures. This can mean you home will be cooler and your energy bills will more than likely see a decrease. It can also mean you need less AC repair since your system can operate more effectively.
Metal roofing for houses can also provide some insurance benefits, but those will vary based on your provider. That being said, metal is considered an incredibly reliable roofing structure which could result in lower premiums on your homeowners’ insurance. To learn more about that, contact your insurance provider for more information. Either way, there are a lot of benefits to this type of roofing. For more information, contact Cinch Roofing today at (832) 598-4245.
Metal Roofing vs Shingles
Which is better metal roof or shingles? That is a hard question to answer because what is best for others may not always be best for you. But, generally speaking, metal has been known to be a more effective roofing option compared to asphalt shingles. Ultimately, the best roof for you will come down to your needs, your budget, and your location.
Asphalt shingles are a tried and trusted roofing option. They come standard on every new home and provide generally reliable protection for about two decades. While they are not the most durable against severe hail storms, they can be easily replaced and maintained over the years.
Metal roofing for residential properties is a newer option that not as many are confident with. This material is incredibly durable and easily protects your home from a myriad of elements. But, like asphalt shingles, it can easily be dented and appear damaged by severe hail storms.
As mentioned, the right roof is dependent on your needs, budget, and location. Homes in areas with a lot of hail may not benefit from a metal roof as much as it will from an impact resistant shingle roof. Whereas homes that experience more rainfall, like coastal homes, will definitely benefit more from a metal roof.
Whatever you are deciding, rely on expert roofers for your installation and repair needs. Contact Cinch Roofing to learn more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are metal roofs good?
- Metal roofing for houses is a great investment opportunity. You’ll have a durable and long-lasting structure that is also easy to maintain. Metal roofs are good for a variety of reasons. Call your local roofing contractor to learn more about your options.
- What is the best type of metal roof?
- As far as material goes, aluminum or steel are the best options for a metal roof. They are lightweight, flexible, and incredibly durable. In terms of the roofing system, a standing seam metal roof is a great structure for residential roofing.
- Do metal roofs keep house cooler?
- Metal does reflect heat rather than absorbing it like asphalt shingles. So essentially, yes, it will help to keep your house cooler during the summer months which means your HVAC system can more efficiently cool your home.
- Do metal roofs last longer than shingles?
- Yes, metal will last longer than asphalt shingles. Most shingle roofing has a life expectancy of about 20-25 years. With maintenance, your roof can last up to 30 years, but usually no more than that. A metal roof will last upwards of 75 years, usually with a 50-year warranty on the metal itself.
- Is metal roofing cheaper than shingles?
- Initially, metal may seem more expensive than asphalt shingles, but once everything is said and done, the cost for a metal roof installation and a shingle installation can be about the same.
Connect With Us Today to Learn More About Our Services!
When you need a reliable residential roofing company, look no further than Cinch Roofing. We can complete any roofing job you need, including installing metal roofing in Rosenberg and Sugar Land, TX. Give us a call at (832) 598-4245 to learn more!